As Earnest Matthews and E.A. Lewis gathered in an old skating rink, little did they know their God-inspired dreams of a Nazarene church in Ridgefield would be alive and flourishing over a hundred years later. On July 26, 1914, our church was first organized under the name, "First Pentecostal Church of the Nazarene." Twenty-two charter members began worship services in a rented hall, and then moved to the homes of Daniel N. Cowley and James S. Maxson until a barn on the Cowley property was remodeled to serve as a meeting place.Under the direction of Rev. D.P. Henry, a new church was built on the corner of 5th and Pioneer, and was ready for use in November of 1922. In that same year, our church’s name was officially changed to “The Church of the Nazarene."